Monday, November 16, 2009

Blog Post 4

My top 10 skills were teamwork, motivate, initiate change, mediate, entertain/perform, counsel, design, visualize, teach/train, and write. Many of these skills are similar in that they involve working with people (e.g. teamwork, motivate, counsel, train, teach). These skills could help translate to majors or careers by letting me know what my strengths are. Also, it helps me confirm that what job or major I choose needs to involve working with people, and making a difference. The skills that I need that I currently lack are managing time and strategizing. I need to learn how to manage my time better by prioritizing the things I want to get done. I also need to strategize better in order to utilize all the talents that I have. I need to plan more instead of just going with the flow all the time. I feel like the major that I choose will definitely allow me to succeed academically. I believe that if I truly enjoy what I am studying, then I know that I will succeed and enjoy going to school. All of my skills I am very interested in pursuing academically, so I think that I will do well. Now, I have chosen my major and am pretty sure of what I want to use that major in as far a a potential career. I am going with Kinesiology with a concentration in exercise science and also starting the pre-physical therapy program. Right now, I want to go to physical therapy school after college.

No comments:

Post a Comment