Monday, November 9, 2009

Blog Post 4

My Myers-Brigs 4 letter personality type was ESFP. This is very similar to my self-ranking except for I ranked perceiving a little big higher than I ranked sensing. Both those aspects were slight in my personality test, so they could have easily been interchangeable. When I react with others, I am more outgoing and speak before I think and enjoy to have multiple relationships. When i process information I am more detail-oriented and sequential, and realistic. When I make decisions I am more sensitive, subjective, fair-hearted, and am more involved. As far as how organized I am, I tend to go with the flow, and am more flexible. I also enjoy spontaneous behaviors. My ideal work environment would be one that involves working with and interacting with different people. I would also prefer a more flexible schedule and have a more realistic approach to my work. I would learn best by trying a new skill with other people. The majors that kept coming up with my personality type were health sciences, education, communication studies, and foreign language. Right now, I have pretty much decided that I am going to major in Kinesiology and minor in Spanish. I plan to do the pre-physical therapy program here at JMU. The major and minor that I chose are very similar to the ones that keep coming up for me during the exercises. I am happy with my decision to declare my major to Kinesiology and pre-physical therapy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Liz- I wasn't sure what you meant with your first statement comparing perceiving and sensing- these are in 2 different categories with your personality. Did you mean to compare perceiving and judging? Or sensing and intuition? Those are the opposite pairs, so I didn't know if that was what you were referring to or not. Anyhow, glad to hear that Kinesiology and PT keep coming up for you, and Spanish seems like a great compliment to those fields. Good work today!

    ReplyDelete